Saturday, June 12, 2010

So, How's the Cow?

My grandfather is a man of tremendous patience and understanding. Some years back my father was sharing a story with me which has become part of Avila folklore. My aunt, while driving in the backwoods of Mexico, had hit a cow. The car was the only car my grandfather had and the only car shared amongst most of my aunts. My aunt calls my grandfather who ends up borrowing a car to get to this remote location which apparently takes hours to get to. During this time she's was dreading the lecture she was about to receive. Like any one of us she played the situation over and over in her head. When my grandfather arrived he walked up to the car, which was demolished, and slowly approached my aunt. She remained quiet and my grandfather simply asked, "So, how's the cow?" Now..that's the kind of understanding dad I would like to be....



Bill

No comments: