Friday, September 11, 2009

If you build it....


Just finished watching Field of Dreams. Like other guys this is probably my 50th time watching the movie. The last 10 min of the movie are gripping. "If you build it he will come". Ray watches as his father walk's toward him and the two play catch....the baseball field gave Ray a chance to mend things with his father. It got me thinking...would I build a baseball field to have one last moment with my father? My father's been gone 3 years now. In his final moments I found solace in his words but the 36 years before that were wasted. Since that moment I have vowed not to waste the time I have with my children. Not one hug is wasted nor a kiss denied. In them I see the best of me..and the worst. But in the end I love my kids. No one can make me laugh the way they do. So would I create a baseball field for one moment with my dad? Yep...and just like Ray I would ask him if we could play catch.....

Bill Avila

No comments: