Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Daddy, does that happen to you wherever you go?

Ashley had just finished up her practice with a new gymnastics school. She went through 3 hours of hard core training so I thought I would take her out for dinner. So we went to a Greek family restaurant in the area. Once there we ordered our food and had a great conversation. The owner of the restaurant saw me and came running to the table. She sat down next to Ashley and in her Greek accent proclaims "When you are done you need to pray with me...ok!?" When she got up to greet other customers Ashley looked at me and asked, "daddy, do strangers randomly come up to you and ask you to pray with them?" Of course Ashley had no way of knowing that we had prayed for her the week prior and was on a spirtual high because her husband had just come to know the Lord. So after explaining everything to Ashley the owner again sat down with us this time bringing a piece of pie for Ashley. I prayed with "Mama", as she likes to be called, and it was a wonderful time. When we left I asked Ashley what she was praying for while I prayed for Mama. She looked at me with this big grin and said "I thanked God for the pie...it was so yummy."

No comments: