Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'm the princess....


It was a usual day. The kids were doing their chores and grumblings were heard through out the house. Megan, my 5 year old, had the task of picking up the socks in the upstairs hallway. Things were quiet and we hadn't seen her for sometime. Moments later she began her descent downstairs dressed in her princess outfit, barbie shoes, and her crown. I asked her "what's going on? Have you done your chores?" She looked at me and in her broken 5 year old version of an English accent replied back "Princess's don't do chores....and I'm the princess." "I see....a shame that princess's don't need an allowance to buy things..." I said. And with a stomp on the floor and crossed arms she looks back at me and yells "Fine! I'll do my work but you make this princess very unhappy." Oh well...at least the work got done.

No comments: