Thursday, July 29, 2010

....In the End....

If you're reading this and you haven't seen the last part of Lost please don't read any further. The last episode of Lost has echoed in my mind since it went off the air. In particular the last moments of the show. This post isn't about the rights/wrongs of Losts interpretation of theology or philosophy but in particular the last scene of the show. By this time Jack finds out that he has died and is on his way to meet all of his friends who have since past and are congregating in the church to "move on" together. I guess it was the visual..the visual of friends and family ready to meet you as your prepare to enter the the gates of heaven. It was a beautiful scene. And even if you haven't seen the show...I can't help but think how touching this moment would be for you as well. I think of past family and friends who I know were passionate Christ followers and much like this short scene I look forward to seeing them again.


No comments: