Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Living Out A Crazy Love Kinda Life....



A few weeks ago I had the chance to read "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. During my quiet time I started to wonder if I was leading a crazy love kind of life. The conviction this book brought about in my life was enough to change the way I approach my life and the lives of everyone around me. During the past few weeks I started to ask myself...."Am I truly crazy in love with God? Am I doing enough to reflect the goodness he has to offer? It was during this down time that Elaine (my wife) and I started to talk about "Crazy Love". She gave me some much needed encouragement. She reminded me that I'm a husband, father, son, employee, elder, and youth pastor. She encouraged me that not only was I leading a crazy love kind life but i was nuts to do it :) This is a journey we're taking in my small group. And while talking about crazy love we're also touching on another great book called "Jesus Freaks" by DC Talk. If you havent read them please...give it a read..if you have...please post what your thoughts were on the books.

Bill Avila

No comments: