Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gotta love facebook.....


So the 13 year old didn't believe me when i told her i could access her facebook chat information. How unfortunate. As a reformed hacker from the glory days I felt it appropriate to have her understand that we monitor EVERYTHING. So, the lesson began. As she was on the computer chatting i grabbed the 7 year old and had her stand next to me with my laptop in front of me. The 13 year old was typing away on her facebook chat in close proximity. The 7 year old had some simple instructions, I would read as though I were the 13 year old and she would read the dialgue of the friend. We made it a bit of a theatre event as we acted our roles choosing to use method acting as our base. The 13 year old was in shock as we recited the conversation that she and her friend were currently having. Of course it also exposed how ridiculous their conversation is and how much time they wasted typing the same thing in 10 different ways. It's funny how much time teens spend on online chatting. It seems picking up the phone would be so much more productive. One last thought....as these kids use facebook....wait...I have to run....my wife is texting me.

William
http://kingdomoftheabsurd.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Ok, a lot of this is her being 13. I remember having 2 hour phone coversations with my best friend when we were 13 and yes we repeated the same things over and over. Silly things about silly boys and who said what and who was wearing what and etc etc. Welcome to the world of teenaged girls....