Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Homeless Hero..Left To Die....

As a woman was being attacked a Guatemalan man came to her rescue. During the scuffle he is stabbed by the assailant and falls to the ground. He is left there...to die. People continue to walk by...he is clearly bleeding...yet no one calls for help or comes to his aid. This is the civilized western culture in which we live. As I listened to this report I am saddened. At what point did we give up on each other? People are trampled to death at Christmas time for the best deal at the local Walmart....funerals of fallen soldiers are protested by Christian radicals....and fallen hero's are left to die on the sidewalk as passer's by simply don't want to get involved.

I'm reminded of the parable of the "Good Samaritan". A Jewish travelor is beaten and left half dead off the side of the road. He is passed by two men...and is finally taken care of by a Samaritan man.

Is kindness forgotten? I hope not...

1 comment:

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

I hope that I can be kinder every day- sometimes I fail, too.
I'm sad for the world some days, too.